Monday, March 18, 2013

Exposing my SIN! I know I risk losing ALL of you...

I, Grace Morrison... Wife of Christopher, mother of Asher, Daughter of Dianne and Robert, lover of all things beautiful and lovely... I have a secret sin. It shames me, causes me to hide it behind closed doors and forbids me to invite others in or even allow them close... It's more than I can stand!  It overwhelms me.  Sometimes I spend hours, days, weeks working on it; trying to make it clean and within seconds it becomes filthy again.  It has become SUCH a burden that I've decided, at the risk of losing every reader and friend I've ever had, to Expose IT!  I'm opening the closed door and laying my filth out for everyone to see and hoping, praying, with hope beyond hope that somehow there might be someway to be forever clean!!!  



OUR MASTER BEDROOM!!!
I KNOW!!!  It's even worse than you thought, isn't it???  It's disgusting!  And it happens over and over and over again...  I clean it and within thirty minutes or less it seems like it's back to chaos!!!  Pathetic!  Now, I know there is more than one crime here... I am vividly aware of the lack of aesthetic appeal!  

For crying out loud, there are window treatments to be sewn, bed skirts to be applied, headboards affixed, rugs purchased and placed, dressers to paint, hardware to be replaced, televisions to be hung, chords to be disposed of - TV trays to be removed. Heck, TOILET PAPER to be removed - where in the world did THAT come from???  I am SO ashamed!  And that's just naming a few...

Enough excuse making over my appalling lack of decor.  I need help!  Serious HELP!!!  We got the walls painted, and replaced the ho-hum ceiling light for a much more attractive and practical ceiling fan, and we even purchased a respectable bed as plain as it is on it's metal frame; but there's such a long way to go to blissful boudoir.  

I mean, look at that chaise lounge!  It's such a nice, comfortable piece of furniture and I'm telling you with the time it spends buried underneath the mounds of laundry needing to be folded and put away - it'll never wear out! Oh, and please don't over look the super chic chocolate brown window treatment we're sporting.  Only don't tell anyone it's really an old flat sheet we don't use anymore!  We live in a town so there's a street lamp right outside our window, which doesn't lend itself to a conducive sleeping environment.  So, until I can find and afford the fabric I want to make the gorgeous window treatments in my head, it will have to do.  I hope I am eliciting at least some scrap of pity from your searing judgmental gazes. 


I mean have you ever?  My dreamy bedroom has become a landfill collection spot for all things clutter, junk and well, just down right dirty!  For crying out loud - who leaves an apple core on top of a pile of CLEAN LAUNDRY??? 

Now that I've thoroughly, utterly and completely humiliated myself for the world to read... I have just ONE question, or two, maybe three?  There's just no telling as one thing tends to lead to another around here!  What would YOU DO???  It's obvious I am in a desperate state!  Mind you, I am about to clean this debacle once again in just a few moments and I'll be happy to show you what it looks like when it's done, but that still doesn't solve the reoccurrence issue now does it? 

Part of me wonders if, like other places - once I get it actually "decorated" will it be more inclined to stay that way?  And then I feel overwhelmed again, knowing I may be in over my head with this one.  Does anyone else have a secret portal to the local landfill behind YOUR bedroom door???  I know very factually some of you may never look at me the same again.  You may not even be able to make eye contact when we meet.  I've shocked and horrified many of you and I am deeply regretful, but I had a thought that maybe, just maybe I may not be the only one with a dark, secretly horrific bedroom hidden behind the door of an otherwise pleasant looking home...

My earnest prayer is that perhaps if we (ahem, I) bring this deficiency to the light, there might be hope for this "secret" space after all?  Anyone else need to expose your dirt?  Well, here I am... coming clean.  I'd love to hear from you, if you're still brave enough to stay friends with me!  Sometimes the first step to freedom is just opening the door...

"By Mercy and Truth Iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the Lord men (people) depart from evil." Proverbs 16:6

6 comments:

  1. Girl, that looks all too familiar!!! When you get answers, please pass them on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to stop beating yourself up. This is no "sin"...it's just a bit of clutter. Separate the idea of decorating from the idea of de-cluttering from the idea of cleaning. They are three distinct issues and I think they have merged to overwhelm you.
    Deep breath, Grace. Call if you need a pep talk. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bedroom gets pretty sad with stuff too. I remember my moms bedroom the same way, but now her room is never messy. I know sometimes I feel like every other room has to be cleaned first and so mine becomes dumping ground. I don't have a lot of closet spaces so that def plays a part. BUT I will admit.....here it goes.....I'm not a great housekeeper.....where I lack there I make up in baking and being a great friend. I say that b/c I would rather bake or sit and chat with a friend then clean my house.....my secret is out too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This scene looks all too familiar! Ha, my room stays like this! With the constant washing clothes and not having time to fold and put away, moving things from the living room to the bedroom for a quick fix to the clutter up front, alyssa's school work and such. No matter how many times I clean it, it always ends up the same. I just keep the door shut lol. If you figure out something that helps you out please share!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okey Dokey Sister! This is hilarious. You are so awesome at everything else why would you have time for all this? LOL So I have a place for everything and I MAKE myself take everything to its place at the end of the day as a part of my evening routine and the funny thing is you girls always think my house is clean. I do this every evening because my ex-husband liked to keep every room like hoarders central which literally sucked the joy right out of me daily. I think to every woman no matter how small of large the disorder is it seems huge. This is really not that bad missy!

    ReplyDelete